- Research Field
- Formal sciences
A tender is hereby opened for the award of 3 StartingResearch Grants (SRG)in the scope of the thematic line GEOMETRIX of the Center for Research and Development in Mathematics and Applications (CIDMA), ref. UIDP/04106/2020,under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Mathematics, Educational Sciences, and related fields
2. Funding Source: Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P./MCTES, through national funds (PIDDAC)
The proof of enrolment must be made available until the contract is awarded, and the candidate may attach a declaration of honor to confirm that they meet the requirements for enrolment in an undergraduate degree, an integrated master's degree or a master's.
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph a) of no.1 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, as well as nos. 1 of article 5 and article 9 of the Research Grant Regulations of the Foundation for Science and Technology. (The SRG(s) cannot be awarded to those who have already benefited from research grants directly or indirectly funded by FCT, awarded under the terms of the Research Fellow Statute and of no. 5 of article 5 of the aforementioned Regulation.
5.Work plan: Creation of manipulable and digital didactic resources for the different levels of education within the scope of ongoing projects at GEOMETRIX.
6. Applicable legislation and regulations: Statute of Scientific Research Grant Holder, as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th; Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (FCT, I.P. Research Grants Regulation); Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime for recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Workplace: The work will be carried out at the Center for Research and Development in Mathematics and Applications of the University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Professors Ana Breda and Rui Duarte.
8. Duration of the grant(s): The grant duration will be 4 months, starting in april of 2023, and may be renewed for equal periods until the end of the funding period, but may in no case last more than one year, according to the terms of nos. 3 and 4 of article 5 of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (FCT, I.P. Research Grants Regulation).
9. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant corresponds to €486,12, according to the table of monthly maintenance allowance amounts set out in Annex I of Regulation no. 950/2019, subject to any updates that may be applicable, under the terms of no. 2 of article 18 of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.). The fellow may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan.
10. Selection methods: The selection methods to be used will be the following: curriculum vitae assessment (50%) and interview (50%) with the respective value of 0 to 20.
11. Composition of the Selection Jury: Chair: Ana Breda (DMat & CIDMA); 1st permanent member: Rui Duarte (DMat & CIDMA); 2nd permanent member: Dirk Hofmann (DMat & CIDMA); 1st alternate member: Eugénio Rocha (DMat & CIDMA); 2nd alternate member: Domenico Catalano (DMat & CIDMA).
12. Deadline for applications and how to submit applications: The call is open from January 25 to February 17, 2023, and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted.
Applications must be formalized by sending a letter of application accompanied by the following documents: Curriculum Vitae, certificate of qualifications, declaration of honor and other supporting documents deemed relevant. They shall also indicate the e-mail address to which by such indication they accept to be notified for all purposes within this procedure.
13. Form of publication/notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be published through a list ordered by final mark obtained posted on the University's website, within 90 working days after the final date of submission of the application, and the successful candidate will be notified by email. For the purposes of prior hearing of interested parties, the deadline of 10 working days is set, as provided for in the Code of Administrative Procedure. At the end of the period for hearing the interested parties, and in the absence of any response from them, the list of candidates will become final. Candidates may lodge a complaint against the final decision within 15 working days, or appeal to the maximum executive body of the funding entity within 30 working days after notification of the final decision, in accordance with the provisions of article 12 of the Research Grants Regulation of the Foundation for Science and Technology.
14. Tender duration: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until April 30, 2023, for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
The models of the grant contract and of the final report to be prepared by the grant holder and the supervisor are available at Research fellows - sgrh - Universidade de Aveiro (ua.pt).
More information available at https://cidma.ua.pt/calls
- Organisation name
- Organisation Country
The responsibility for the funding offers published on this website, including the funding description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.